Monday, January 24, 2011

Flight A36 to Nairobi has landed!

Hello Everyone!

I'm on a different continent now. My flight landed in Nairobi at 9:30 pm Kenyan time on Sunday. The customs line went quickly and smoothly. Andy and Stacey Whitman stood outside the baggage claim and picked me up as soon as I got my luggage (which was undamaged, praise the Lord). We drove from the airport to their home in the dark, but even so I could see trees I've never seen before. From my limited view, the city, I could tell it was beautiful in a way I have not seen before.

I will write more when I have more story to share. Right now, I just want to thank you all for your prayers and support and to let you know I have arrived safely. The Lord is faithful. He kept me safe and gave me guidance. "To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in You I trust, O my God." (Psalms 25:1-2a)

In Christ,
Summer

3 comments:

  1. Summer, so glad you made it safe. I checked in with your mom on Saturday and you had just left and they were on their way home. I am so excited for you. Looking forward to some pictures and sharing your experiences vicariously!

    Let me know if you need a care package!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Summer! As Usual I love reading your posts. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks, Mommy. I love you bunches, too :)

    ReplyDelete